Is it inappropriate for me to list a few of my Christmas wishes? It's my blog, so I say no.
1. It's a pipe dream, but I'd love a celebrity to go out on the record and say that not only do they love crosswords, but, damnit, Brendan Emmett Quigley's is the best. C'mon, don't be shy. I'll even just take an e-mail from Steve Malkmus, the front guy from Pavement who I know is a puzzle nut. Steve, it's not too much to ask, is it?
2. While we're on the topic of too much to ask, it would be pretty amazing if somehow, someway the Patriots make it to playoffs. Probably ain't happening, but I can hope. C'mon A-A-R-P, Jets! Jets! Jets! Jets! Squish the fish and all that.
3. If the previous one can't happen, how about a Celtics repeat?
4. While we're on the topic of strictly fanciful, why can't there be a sixth season of "The Wire"? For the fellow superfans out there, I found this video inspired.
5. Could I get a killer exchange rate for the dollar just once? It would be nice to have my money go a long way these next couple days.
6. Finally, getting buried in one of these babies would be amazing.
Now for all of those travelling: stay safe. And don't try to bring a leatherman on the plane like I did the last time. TSA didn't like me very much.
Otherwise, have a happy and healthy holiday, everybody.