- Coming up with a new theme that Mike Shenk hasn't done already.
- Debuting a new entry with some eye-popping letter combination.
- Pulling off a 64 word grid with zero crapola.
- Resisting the temptation to stack 15 letter entries on top of each other, four deep.
- Composing a brand-spanking new clue for EELS.
- Finding a genuinely funny quote that splits up symmetrically.
- Discovering a suitably famous new person with the last name ONO.
- Defying the urge to go pangramatic, especially if it requires ISAOS, IEREI, or the like to pull it off.
- Filling in a 15x grid that uses only 16 black squares.
- Making a puzzle hard enough that Dan Feyer won't be able to solve in under 3 minutes.
- Convincing the American public that cryptic puzzles are the shit.
- Attempting to make a name for oneself outside of the enormity of "Death Star"-sized shadow cast by Will Shortz.
(Hey, who's up for the latest Visual Thesaurus crossword?)
Share the puzzle. New one on Thursday.